But just because it’s summer doesn’t mean we should stop reading and writing. I’ve teamed up with the YA Chicks and many participating authors on a global campaign to encourage readers, writers, students, and teachers to share pictures all of the places–both ordinary and extraordinary–where they are reading and writing. This is open to all readers/writers of both middle grade and young adult books!
A MONSTER GIVEAWAY!
I’ll be giving away a signed, hardcover copy of Trust Me, I’m Lying plus a query critique!
And there’s more! Every author participating in this campaign is giving away books, critiques, swag and/or Skype visits.
So are you ready?
All you have to do is guess where I am in the pic above. But don’t despair! I’ve left you 5 clues to point you in the right direction:
- If you scroll through the photos on my Facebook page, you may find a familiar looking pastry case…
- What’s missing in this picture is the 12-oz vanilla soy latte I always get when I write here.
- If you Google Map “Progress Ridge Beaverton,” you might be able to put a pin in it.
- I may have included the name of this place in the Acknowledgements for Trust Me, I’m Trouble–so if you have a copy of the ARC, you could easily look it up.
- It could be referenced on the author bio page of my website as well.
Once you’ve figured out where I’m writing, head over to the YA Chicks site and:
- Officially enter the giveaway by inputting each author’s name and your guesses about our locations. Every author location you guess correctly increases your chances to win.
- For even more chances, post a picture of yourself reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag).
For writer prize packs:
- Post pictures of yourself writing in a fun location on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere. Then follow the directions on the Rafflecopter giveaway to let us know you did it.
- For even more chances, gather your writer friends together and post a group shot with the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag). And hey, since you’re already together, why not host a write-a-thon?
For teacher prize packs:
- Post pictures of your class reading or writing on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReadOrWriteAnywhere (must have the hashtag). Then let us know you did it when you enter the Rafflecopter. If you don’t have a Twitter or Instagram, you can email your picture directly with the picture pasted directly into the email (no attachments–we won’t open them) AND the subject, “Read or Write Anywhere.”
- You can also check out the YA Chicks Read or Write Anywhere lesson plan, available on their site.
Now, what are you waiting for? Get out there and READ OR WRITE ANYWHERE!